We are happy to announce general availability of ForNAV 6.0 (18.104.22.1688).
The new version of ForNAV includes support for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 release wave 1 (version 18) OnPrem, private cloud, and on Microsoft Cloud (on Microsoft AppSource).
Furthermore, ForNAV 6.0 includes:
- Increased usability when working with the ForNAV Designer
- Support for PDF/A
- Enhanced ForNAV Standard Reports
- An updated App (version 22.214.171.124) available on Microsoft AppSource
ForNAV Standard Reports
- Support for Business Central 18
- Same codebase across BC14-BC18 OnPrem and BC Cloud
- VAT percentage is shown in VAT total on document report if is there is only one VAT rate
- New Picking List report
- Added Archived Document tables to the ForNAV VAT codeunit, so VAT gets calculated for reports based on those tables
- Added events so you can define custom categories to be added to the ForNAV reports page
- Added InitializeRequest procedure to the statement, so the statement report can be run from AL
Added new tables and an event to the UpdateNoPrinted codeunit:
- “Service Contract Header”
- “Service Cr.Memo Header”
- “Service Header”
- Support for Poland in the English language
- Minor improvements and fixes across the report pack – see the full list of details here: www.fornav.com/version-history-report-pack
ForNAV Converter and Designer
Support for Business Central 18.
Support for PDF/A.
The PDF/A format is mandatory in certain industries (for example, when exchanging documents in the public sector) and in some countries. ForNAV now supports this format.
It’s now possible to “drag-and-drop” a new data item directly from the Tool Box. Using the related wizard, you can add a new data item to a report in less than a minute – and still without touching any Visual Studio Code.
Creation of new tables and adding relations to fields.
You can use the ForNAV Designer to add new tables and their relations – again without touching any Visual Studio Code.
You can have separate watermarks on each page. Read more here: https://www.fornav.com/knowledge-base/adding-different-watermarks-to-each-page/
Custom address formatting.
Improvements to the FieldGroups functionality means that we now support defining your own custom address formatting in Business Central. Read more here: https://www.fornav.com/knowledge-base/custom-address-formatting/
- Improvements and enhancements across the ForNAV Converter and Designer.
See a recording of our What’s New in ForNAV 6.0 webinar here.
Over time, Business Central has adopted new technologies such as Windows Universal Print, Azure, and Visual Studio, and ForNAV has followed this path. The next big move for Business Central is to .net core, which is part of the overall Microsoft technology strategy, and ForNAV will also work on .net core when Microsoft is ready.
You can see the full list of changes to ForNAV here: www.fornav.com/version-history
To learn more about the new features in ForNAV 6.0 and more, please take a look at our Coffee Breaks: www.fornav.com/coffeebreak
Please share this information with any of your colleagues who might find it relevant.
Any questions or feedback? Simply write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org